Saturday, February 5, 2011

Reading about the Future



I was reading the new copy of "Newsweek" and a article by Blake Gopnik titled, "The Dirty Secret of Apple's Design". He talks about how Apple's creations like the MacBook Air, Ipad and Iphone aren't so much sleek, grand futuristic design as the design takes a back seat to function. He states that these products "could be the first hints of a design so new, it barely exists."

He begins this article stating that he is writing it on a MacBook Air.

I set there thinking about his comments about the future of Apple and technology. The future is so here. If all you see when you read an Ipad or use your IPhone is a sheet of glass with images, you have succeeded in moving from pages of paper to image based life. I think about my grand kids and that what they use for computers and phones may be as simple as an implant under their skin that connects straight to the brain , optic nerves, etc. Or they will watch life like 3d images that take them into the event. Apple is just preparing us for what's next.

I have grown up with books, newspapers, spiral notebooks, and record players. I am writing this post on my MacBook, about a story in Newsweek that I read on my Nook Color!

My, My how time flies!

No comments: