Friday, February 11, 2011

Company Men and me



Last year at the movies included, "Up in the Air", the George Clooney movie about a guy that flew around the country helping companies "downsize". This year's movie is "Company Men" which covers the other side of the table. What do you do when your world gets turned upside down? What if you are a key member of the company. This movie follows families that suddenly loose their jobs and those and around them. Ben Affleck, Chris Cooper, Kevin Costner, Tommy Lee Jones, and Craig T. Nelson are spot on in their portrayal of changes in life. This movie takes place NOW. It is about the current recession.

I know what you are thinking: This sounds so depressing! Maybe, Maybe not. I gave me a lot to consider, I made me realize that their are many, many people in the boat. THERE IS HOPE AND LIFE AFTER.................

I deeply appreciated this story. It is R because it is Life. There is profanity but such language is easily understood. This movie is real.

I give this movie *****stars out of 5. It won't be a monster hit because and subject and older cast, but there won't be a better movie about current life.

2011 Movie #6

PS: It will make me take more time with strangers. We are all in this together. And I AM a Company Man. More about this later,


No comments: