Friday, March 26, 2010

Things important: compared to what?


My daughter, Lindsey, had a due date for her first child of March 25. I started reserving that date and adjusting my schedule to keep the time open. Everyone kept telling me that since this was her first delivery, she would probably be a week late and that I should go on with a normal schedule. So on the 24th I had a full schedule and then we got the call. After my last meeting was over we headed to Fort Worth and we got to the hospital at 11:00pm. At 12:45 bingo! The next morning I made several phone calls and got to spend some great time with Lindsey, Jeremy and my first Grand Daughter, Kinley Grace. Super Cool.

At that moment where we were was the most important place on earth. It has been like that with all the grand kids.

When I was about Forty, the idea of being called a Grandpa made me shutter. That sounded OLD. Now, of all the titles, someone could give me, "PaPa" sounds mighty good.

No comments: