Friday, March 5, 2010

crazy love and object lessons


This week I have been reading a book , "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan. It is a book that talks about the real love that should exist between God and me. It is a hard book and eye opening. To go along with the book, he has a web site (crazy love) that has a short video to watch before reading each chapter. It is a GREAT book.
Anyhow, last night I was reading chapter 4 about lukewarm Christians (Actually struggling to read is a better term). He discribes how we don't choose to open our eyes to the opportunities to reach out to others. I am saying to myself that I'm not made that way, that this is hard, etc. etc.
Every Friday morning my friend and minister, Nathan Irwin, and I have breakfast at a little diner called "Anna's" where they discuss the book of "Genesis" and anything else on our minds. We usually meet for about and hour and a half. Today, we finished and Nathan left for an appointment and I went to pay. On the way out a lady setting close to the door stops me and asks, "Where do you go to church?" I tell her and she says, "Two weeks ago I was in here and watched you and the other guy having a Bible study right out in the open with everyone around. I was blessed by just watching." Then she said, "I came back today because I wanted to watch you two study." She said again that it was a blessing. I invited her to our church and she just smiled.
Walking to my truck I just said, "Ok, LORD I got the message."

No comments: