Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I CAN SEE! Ooops Sorry! I CAN See!











I got my first glasses in the 3rd grade. They were cheap wire rimmed glasses, and my good friends made fun of me. After a time I kept them under my desk and started sitting up front. My friends thought I was brown-nosing the teachers, but (besides that) I could see better.

I got contact lenses when I started high school. Suddenly I could catch footballs at night. Before that on kick off returns, I backed up and caught the ball on the first bounce. Contacts were great! I wore them for almost 50 years.

In the Army they wouldn't let me wear contacts during basic training and gave me another cheap pair of glasses. I did not like those either, but I wasn't around people who knew me. (Me vain? Of course not!)

When I started needing reading glasses, I stumbled on to the fact that if I wore only my right contact, I could read with my left eye and see distance with the right.

About three years ago I had lasic in the right and have been "contactless". The problem is it wasn't a very good procedure. This was also proven when the Tulsa clinic I used suddenly went "belly up".

Today, however is a new day. Thanks to Dr. Hall, I have new contacts and new glasses. I finally have a pair of frames that I like. It will change my concert experiences greatly. I have always taken binoculars with me. Not just for close ups. Just to see!

I like my enlightened world.

No comments: