Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Tiger Would (I mean Tiger Woods)


A while back at the British Open, an Irish Newspaper ran suggestive photos of a woman they said was Tiger's model wife. He was highly angered by this and the paper later admitted that the photos were of another person. We ALL were on his side. How dare they!

In the past few years Tiger Wood has represented the Best of Golf. He has been the poster boy for excellence. After he got married to a model, everyone said well he can have whatever he wants. Had anyone in the media made references about him being a Black golfer with a white wife, or made jokes about his life, we ALL would have been on his side. How dare they?

Suddenly Tiger is being portrayed in every possible bad light. It is up to your imagination. Tiger is no longer a good guy. People are even saying, "Who does he think he his? He wants us to believe that he is a family man, but he is a over-paid jerk."

Today on my XM Radio there was an advertisement of where to turn for the latest Tiger information. They listed 8 different channels.

In our "theoretical" world, Sunday, we read where Jesus says, "He who is without sin cast the first stone." But then we listen to David Letterman (of all people) the rest of the week. I or no one condones what we have told happened. But when I get into these conversations I realize that I am no better than the "Inquirer". In our "Theoretical" world we do not believe in gossip, but today's not Sunday. On Sunday we talk about "loving your neighbor as yourself", but we show that we would want everyone to turn on us if we sin. I have heard all these stories about what Tiger may have done, and until the Books are written and more money changes hands, we will gossip.

Last night we were at a basketball game. During player warm-ups, Carol and I were looking at our I phones. A lady walks up a jokes about us watching our phones. Carol says, "We are catching up on the news of the day." The lady asks, "Well how many women are we up to now with Tiger?" I say "7". She responds, "Your behind. It's 9". Then I thought to myself, "Why did I get sucked into this so easily?"

I guess we like other people's wrecks. As Ira Hays once said, "Don't tell other people your problems, 80% don't care and the other 20% are glad your having problems!" Its not supposed to be that way, but I guess that's just on Sunday.

Society likes for you and I to mess up and sin. If not there would be no "Desperate Housewives".

No comments: