Saturday, December 26, 2009

Got Books!





Santa was good to me yesterday. He checked my list and came through in a big fashion. I got a certificate to BLURB that will allow be to bind my 2009 posts into a book. AND I got some new books to occupy my driving time. First was the new Mitch Albom book, "have a little faith" a true story about an 82 year old Rabbi and a Detroit pastor (ex-con) who preaches to the poor.
Next is Pat Conroy's "South of Broad". This is "The Prince of Tides" author's latest novel about life in Charleston, South Carolina. Conroy's books are intense because he takes you into the world he knows so well and develops his characters as well as any living writer. And next is John Grisham's first collection of short stories "Ford County" Six stories of the people of Mississippi that only he can introduce us to. The common thread of these books is that the stories are based on the places where the authors live. The people they speak of comes from REAL life.

My January reading is set.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great resource!