Monday, December 28, 2009

It's Complicated? No not really.


When I see a preview of a movie with favorite actors, I get excited. When one of them plays an architect, I get very interested. So today I went to see "It's Complicated with Meryl Streep, Alec Baldwin, and Steve Martin (as the architect). I don't want to spoil anything for you, but I thought it was not complicated at all. I was disappointed. Well, the movie was just like the preview, but I guess I have been seeing a higher level of film than this. The great actors were great, but each one played characters that they have played many times in better stories. We are always amazed at Hollywood's take on architects! They showed this architect Martin as a wienie and his office looked architectural, but everyone had drawing boards and no computers. It was sad.

Steve Martin made a mousy guy (I had one who worked for me.) They could have made Baldwin the architect (the obnoxious prick). Actually, I know both kinds. I think I'm in between, but that's just me talking.

I give it **stars.

2009 movie #84

No comments: