Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Walk on a less travelled road.

I am teaching the high school class at church! I am really teaching myself and I just hope they are getting something from it. The class is called The Nature of God and is an idea I got after reading "The Blue Parakeet" (about reading the Bible as God's story) and "The Shack". Most all of the class will be in Genesis and cover stories that everyone knows, but only dwelling on God and not the story. The one tomorrow is about "Walking with God". The story about Adam and Eve dealt with God walking in the garden and being sad that they hid from him instead of walking. Then there was Enoch who it was said "walked with God for 300 years" and God liked his company enough that he just took him to Heaven. Then there was Noah who was saved because he "walked with God". And that is just the first six chapters. I think there is a message in there somewhere. I just hope I can find it.

Not preaching. Just saying!

No comments: