Thursday, September 24, 2009

Electronic Lives


I came home today to find that Direct TV was not working. The notice on the screen said, We know there is a problem. We will fix it as soon as we can." Something like that. I got on the computer a while, but since no one else was home and I had no TV, I went out and set in the truck and listened to my book on CD (It's at a good part!). Later I went back in and saw that Direct TV now said, "Only the local channels are not available." Something like that. So I turned on ESPN and there was the ball game. Then it hit me. Two new shows that I wanted to watch tonight are being missed. I looked at the light on the DVR and realized that it was not recording them! Yikes! Am I dependent or what?

About then the phone rang. I looked at the caller I.D. It was no body I knew so I let the answering machine get it. The answering machine still uses Lindsey's (our daughter) voice. Zoe, our dog, hears her voice and lets out a major howl because she misses her.

Let's face it electronics affects us all. Even the dog!

No comments: