Monday, September 14, 2009

Civility



Showing regard for others(Civility) is on the way out! I'm thinking the Rep from South Carolina. I'm thinking Kanye West taking the stage from Taylor Swift. I'm thinking Serena at the US Tennis Open.

It is all around us. It see it every time I do anything. Civility is gone at the movies, at concerts, at Church, at the job. Our society is so self absorbed! Joe Wilson calls the President a liar and people think he is cool. After all they were doing the same thing to the Congress when they came home to town hall meetings. One of my (FORMER) facebook friends announced proudly that he had contributed to Wilson's re-election for his public display. Zapped that friend.

This week I zapped about 8 "friends"! Just couldn't take any more. I mean we are all self-centered when it comes to facebook, but I don't want to see 500 of any one's wedding photos!

In defense of Kanye West, he has previously stated that he was the best entertainer in the world, so I guess he can do that he wants.


No comments: