Thursday, September 17, 2009

An unusual opportunity


I like to buy concert shirts or hats. I have more of them than I need, but it is just a piece of the experience to take away. Tonight I got to reverse that idea. Last year we inducted Chick Raines , a songwriter who has written several #1 songs. One of his songs, recorded by Wade Hayes was "Old Enough To Know Better, Still Too Young To Care". The Hall of Fame made T-shirts with that saying to sell last year. Tonight at the pre-show feed, he was standing there with one other person. No one knew who he was and he was getting no attention. Carol and I talked to him for a while and late as we were going into the arena, I saw the shirts. I bought him a shirt and took it to him upstairs. I seemed weird that he did not have THAT shirt!

Seemed like the thing to do! It was fun.

No comments: