Saturday, May 2, 2009

what to do on my last day of vacation




Today the convention ended.  We went to back over to pick up the books I bought. (Altogether about 9!)  Then we went back to Pier 39 and took a harbor boat tour.  We went out and under the Golden Gate Bridge and then around Alcatraz island and back in.  At the Pier we went back to the Fog Harbor Fish House (For the second time in 3 days) for great seafood.  The Tourist areas of San Francisco are more crowded now because they are diverting cruise ships from Mexico because of the flu.  After all that I was ready to come back to normal life so-o-o...........

We went to the movies!  We saw "X Men Origins: Wolverine".   It is a good super hero movie with an edge,  but I am starting to have issues with these movies.  The special effects have so taken over that it may as well be a cartoon.  While I liked this movie, I is obvious that it is just a vehicle to set up #2 and #3.  By the time they get to #3, I usually am through.

I give it **1/2 stars. I am ready for a really good movie.  "The Soloist "spoiled me!

2009 movie#27

No comments: