Sunday, May 24, 2009

Holiday Movies



Seems that for summer to officially start there must be a block buster where the world is destroyed! This year is no exception.  "Terminator Salvation" is the latest.  The past Terminator movies and TV show "Sarah Connor Chronicles"  foretold a horrific future where the computers take over and start killing mankind.  This new film is the first to show the future: California in 2018 (9 years away).  In the future the sun never shines and it rains all the time (Think Oregon).
Everything is a mess and humans are in hiding.  The Computers have built themselves cool robots and superior weapons to those the humans have.  It portrays humans as unnecessary, but my IMac and my IPhone said that I should ignore that as fiction.

I recently went to San Francisco and since then this is the second movie to show how that city will look in the future.  According to this one, it will be a horrible mass of wreckage in 9 years.
However, by Stardate 2300, according to Star Trek, things will be back to normal and the sun will shine and everything will be swell.  The Golden Gate bridge survives it all!

Of course, the real reason San Francisco is shown is that most special effects are produced in George Lucas' Industrial Light and Magic company is headquartered just to the north.

This was much better than I expected, though not many laughs (none).  Christopher Bale (Batman) doesn't make any movies where he smiles.

I give it **1/2 stars.

I just couldn't bear to go to the Museum movie!  I have found a good film in Tulsa that I will see tomorrow.

2009 movie #31


No comments: