Sunday, May 31, 2009

A plead for help!


Ok, I admit that I probably watch too much TV.  I guess any could be too much to somebody.  But here is the deal:  I sometimes watch live TV and not the shows that I recorded and when I do I am forced to suffer the commercials.  Toyota is running a commercial that has somehow shot totally over my head.  The commercial shows a suburban guy walking out to his mailbox and all the while all his neighbors are watching his every move. OK, so far. His glancing at his mail they look at him like he has received something they want.  OK! Then he takes off running and everyone in the neighborhood is either chasing him or racing him!  I say racing because in the next scene many have passed him.  Then the camera fades back to show a Toyota dealership and a salesman that acts like he is scared that all these people is rushing to the "Toyota Timed Event".

I need help with this one.  1.  Did everyone get the junk mail, but only he knew where the dealership was?  2. Why dies everyone in that community watch his every move?  3. Why does the salesman look concerned, if they sent stuff to people that says, "But our cars"?
and #4.  Why should I want to buy a Toyota after watching this?

It seems to me that they had a commercial made about something (anticipation!) and then stuck a Toyota end to it.  I don't know.

If this is what they think sells cars, no wonder the industry is in a mess!

No comments: