Friday, November 7, 2008

mike rents a movie


I write a lot about new movies that I have seen, but occasionally I go to the rental place to find movies that I either missed or that bypassed Oklahoma (it happens!).
This movie, how ever, was a TV movie that I missed.
Many times when looking for a new book to read, I read the liner notes for "Memory Keeper's Daughter" and thought I will read it later. I have waiting so long that it is a movie and a good one. This movie tells about twins who were separated at birth by their doctor father because one had Downs Syndrome. He told his wife that the second child died at birth and gave the DS baby to his nurse to take to a home (1960's). The nurse keeps the baby. It is a griping story about living with regret, living with sorrow, living in secret, and how these things affect us and those around us.
The novel is by Kim Edwards and is one that I WILL read. As a parent that lost a child I tell you that the emotions are well acted.

No comments: