Friday, November 14, 2008

Love thy Neighbor but keep plenty of bullets!

My surprise first came as I watched one of my favorite TV shows, "The Daily Show with John Stewart". He had this sketch about the current run on guns following the election of Obama. He mused as to why that would be and then showed a series of sound bites from the FOX News Network where people like Shawn Hannity, etc. was saying that Obama would set up a Marxist dictatorship and ban guns, etc. It was hard to believe they were making those statements and harder still to imagine what was really happening.

At my computer I goggled "run on guns" and ta da:


The Fort Worth Star-Telegram had this: "No matter how you look at it, DeWayne Irwin has seen gun and ammunition sales at his Cheaper Than Dirt gun shop dramatically rise in recent weeks. Until this year, his biggest day of sales was 9-11, when he sold about $52,000 of merchandise. On Wednesday after the election, his store sold $101,000.00. And in the past 30 days, as polls pointed toward an Obama victory, the store hit $1,000,000 in sales.


He went on to say that four weeks ago he said he paid $209 for an AK47. This week the same gun cost him $549."

Mike's comments: OK have you ever seen an AK47. I have. It has been the weapon of choice of every one from the Russians, to the Viet Cong, to the terrorists, and on and on. It "Ain't "for Deer Hunting!


I talked to my son today who works at an place that sells guns. He says the demand is crazy and one of the standard comments is, "I had better get some guns before the Muslim takes office!"
In Oklahoma we just passed a law by about 80% that makes hunting and fishing forever legal. I really believe that if a law was proposed that made it legal to kill anyone that came on your property, we would approve it.

No comments: