Sunday, November 9, 2008

2 busy 2 care


I am going to some important meetings this week with one of the organizations that I am a part. Scheduling these days is a problem when you bring together members that are a part of various businesses (which I would add : Each coming is either self-employed or control our schedule). We are bringing in people from out of state to moderate and so had to pin down times spread over two days. each of us changed our schedules except one. He is TOO BUSY. He is key to the meeting but TOO BUSY. Guess how I feel! I guess I have nothing to do because I can make it.


I know that we are over scheduled much of the time and over extended some of the time. BUT I live by the idea that: In life we essentially do what we intend to do. There are conflicts. There are emergencies. I remember going to a Zig Ziglar seminar years ago. he asked the question:


If you received a call on Monday that said you and one other could have an all expenses paid trip to (insert your dream vacation) and a check for $20,000.00 to spend if you can leave on Wednesday, Could you make it?


The idea is that most of our life is changeable if we desire.


As I have previously stated: One of my pet peeves is people who would have me believe that their life is busier than mine (without considering me at all).


No comments: