Monday, September 8, 2008

Sway

I'm reading a new book titled: SWAY, The Irresistible Pull of Irrational Behavior by Ori and Rom Brafman. I am into the book to the point that I don't want to put it aside. For a quick comparison think "Tipping Point or Blink". The following is from the book jacket: Sway reveals the many dynamic forces that influence our personal and business lives, including Loss Aversion (our tendency to go to great lengths to avoid perceived losses), the Diagnosis Bias (our inability to reevaluate our initial diagnosis of a person or situation), and the Chameleon Effect (our tendency to take the characteristics that have been arbitrarily assigned to us). So far I have learned why people keep bad stocks too long, why we will more likely attend concerts that cost a lot rather than use free tickets, and why you will make the wrong first judgement of a person based not on their personality but that of someone that looks like them! This has been extremely interesting to me as well as explain some events of my experiences.

I'll tell more later. It is already worth it.


Question: Have you been swayed?

No comments: