Monday, September 22, 2008

Mike's Memories: 55 Ford Crown Vic




We went to a car show in downtown Fort Worth this weekend , and to my delight a 1955 Ford Crown Victoria was on display. My first car was one of these (see picture). This one is worth about $40,000. I gave $450 for mine in 1963.

I kept it 15 years and sold it for $1,000.00. I needed the money! Mine was originally red and white, but I painted it Corvette Metallic Milano Maroon, added leather "tuck and roll" interior, and mag wheels. Along the way I also added another engine, four transmissions, two axles, numerous door glass, tires, etc.


The man that owned the car on display told me it's story. The car was his wife's car and she died last march of Cancer. His restored car was parked beside it, a 1959 Ford "Retractable Hardtop". It was one of those moments that you sense that he had a need to share her story, and we were happy to oblige. He was delighted the we knew the car so well.


Looking at the car brought good memories, but not good enough to own one!

No comments: