Sunday, July 27, 2014

Grandkids

This year I have started taking the Grandkids out for a day outing: one at a time.  They pick the event.
So far Avery is a movie guy. Addison is the active guy- Go Karts today.  Asher is next and then Kinley if I can figure out how: Fort Worth is different than nearby Tulsa.  During lunch I get them to talk about their world.

Today Addison was telling me about the new football season with practice starting soon and the beginning of school.  He started telling me about his little brother, Asher, starting kindergarten and how big a change will be for him. He said that he explained to Asher that school would be easy and that he would be in the same building.  Addison then said: "Last year Mom gave Asher a hug before class. This year I can do that.  He also has lunch same time as me. We can't  eat together but if he needs a hug at lunch, I will be there."

Great parenting and a great kid.

No comments: