Saturday, July 26, 2014

A Most Wanted Man, But not by me!


Sounds cruel but I may know why Phillip Seymour Hoffman died.  This was his last movie and well....

"A Most Wanted Man" is based on a novel by John le Carre, the spy thriller writer.  This is another spy story though I was not thrilled.  While the acting was superb, the pace was slow- cruelly slow.
I sometimes talk about how movies for older adults have better dialogue and don't depend on action, sex and chases. Well in this movie watching Hoffman smoke one cigarette after another was the action.  It started good, then bogged down and then had an ending that made me say, "Well Crap!"

I was not proud of his last starring role either.

I give it *1'2 stars.  The critics love this film for some noble reason.

2014 Movie #31

No comments: