Monday, October 17, 2011

Old Todd


Today I mowed the yard, listening to my favorite throwback nashville, hippie folk singer on my iPod. Todd Snider will get your attention. He has silly songs, deep thought songs, and songs to incite. I have seen him live and he did not disappoint. In his music I find all kinds of useful things. I am preparing a class for church and revisited his song, "Somebody's Coming" that I will read in one session. No, I won't play it. There are people who would have a stroke! BUT he works as poetry as well.

One song I listened to was called "Easy Money". The chorus goes like this:
"He wants that easy money,
it's sad but it's true.
Everybody wants the most they can possibly get,
for the least they can possibly do.
They want that easy money.
I don't understand.
You scheme and you plan but you can't get your hands
on no easy money."

No comments: