Saturday, October 15, 2011

Henry Ford, Thomas Edison & Steve



I just finished reading the latest Time magazine with Steve Jobs on the cover. He was one fascinating guy. I thank him for my IMac, my IPhone, my iPod, Pixar Movies, My ITunes and even the IPad. All This was not about computers but lifestyle.

Here are some of the great quotes in the Time articles:

Jobs: "Victory in our industry is spelled survival. They way we're going to survive is to innovate out way out of this." (2001)

Jobs (at a Stanford commencement in 2005): "Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life."

"Don't be trapped by dogma, which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."



One article was by Walter Isaacson, who is writing an authorized biography of Jobs, who has been a very private guy. Why before he died did he want the bio? "I wanted my kids to know me," he said. "I wasn't always there for them, and I wanted them to know why and to understand what I did."

Even visionaries have regrets!

No comments: