Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Well Worn Sayings: The Check is in the Mail!


We have all used some variation of that statement.

I currently have a client that owes us quite a bit of money.

We were told that the funds would be available July 1.

We were then told that due to the 4th of July holiday, it would be available July 7.

On July 7 i became the 9th.

On the 9th it became the 13th.

Then we were told that the client's attorneys were running behind on their review and it would be available on 16th.

On the 16th I found that they needed to close on the bonds and that would be Tuesday the 20th.

On the 20th they told me that the closed and had to get signatures but it would be available on the 21st (TODAY, YEA!)

Today they told me that the ONLY TWO PEOPLE in the Bank's Trust Department that could sign the check was off work today! I can pick up the check tomorrow.

I hope there are no dogs around. "The Dog ate it" is still available as an excuse.

FYI: This is a public school!


No comments: