Monday, July 5, 2010

Please Give or Not!




I have been craving an adult movie. No check that! A movie for adults is what I mean. I don't mean the "Grown Ups" movie. Been There Done That. We went to see the independent movie, "Please Give" starring a seasoned cast (Catherine Keener, Amanda Peet, and Oliver Platt) and I complex story. I would like to say that I enjoyed this movie, but I can say I appreciated it. I will be processing this for a while. Why you ask?

Well for starters it is about a couple in New York City who resell furniture from recently deceased people. They also have bought the apartment from a 91 year old lady next door so that they can expand their home, but have to wait for her to die. The old lady has two grand daughters who take care of her and one of them wants her to die as well. The couple has a teen age daughter who has acne problems and well there are other plots as well.

At times the movie is so real I felt like I was eavesdropping. The movie is about "self esteem". Every character in the movie has self esteem problems. The movie isn't depressing but it is not up lifting either.

The title is derived from the Couple's tendency to give to street people.

It is probably a little less than ***stars. 2010 Movie #27

I see them so you don't have to!


No comments: