Sunday, July 25, 2010

Do you know THE GIRL?



I am reading the three book series by Stieg Larsson beginning with "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo".
I have seen all three books on the New York Times and USA Today best seller lists for a long time and finally decided to join the fray. I raced through the Dragon book and I will finish the Fire book next week. I my opinion the books are as good as broadcast.

I will say again that if you are an OKIE like me, you need the audio books. The stories take place in Sweden and the names of the characters and locations would have been hard for me to navigate. The guy that "reads" the book makes the story vivid and easy to follow. The book is not a travelogue, but it is fun to hear a story taking place in an area that I know little about. I will soon start "The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets Nest."

Oh, you want to know what the books are about! Read them.

Larsson has crafted characters that are not "typical" mystery, spy, or murder stories. Unfortunately the author died before the fourth book was finished. I hope someone does!

No comments: