Friday, July 16, 2010

Inception- A Movie for Architects and Dreamers




I have been living a crowded existence. i have been super busy and super frazzled. No I'm not as busy as you! Who is? I needed a MAJOR movie. I got it. We went to see "Inception" the Christopher Nolan movie starring Leonardo DeCaprio. If you don't know Nolan wrote and directed "Memento" , the movie that told the story backwards, and "The Dark Knight" the crazy Batman flick. If you have seen the previews to "Inception" you are confused. I thought it was almost too weird to see! But I did and I am glad I did.

The word inception means "an event that is a beginning, a first part or stage of subsequent events. It is a great title for this story.

It is about Architects that design "dream places" that they take people into. It is about people that know how to get into other people's dreams and steal their ideas. It is about a strange world with others to change "things."

It is a movie that requires your complete attention in a dark room. I can not imagine someone setting in their living room and following this movie. There is reality and dreams and you have to figure out where you are along with the actors. When the movie kicks in three layers of dreams are happening. A story inside a story inside a story inside a story! It is also great fun and well acted.

This movie has it all: Great imaginative story, chase scenes, explosions, special effects, fight scenes and Matrix moments. It is PG13 but no profanity or profanity!

It may be too complex for some, but you just might like it. I like the creativity and the story.
I walked out thinking, "Who came up with this?"

I give it ****1/2 stars. The best of the year to date.

2010 movie #29

The BIG Question is: "Did the top stop spinning?"

No comments: