Saturday, April 24, 2010

Somebody Slap Me! Part 1

Somebody slap me! That is the title of the old John Anderson country song which came to my mind last night during the concert. Occasionally I use bad judgement. I came back for our trip with a full load on my plate. I was rested and ready to go back to work and knew that it would flow into the weekend. So, why then did I say yes, when someone says, "Do you want to see Sam Bush Friday night?" I later realized that I agreed only because I was asked by "A List people in my town" and felt a "need".

I also realize that may I need an intervention when it comes to concerts. Twenty minutes after that invite, my computer lit up and asked, "Hey, Mike, do you want to buy Carrie Underwood tickets Friday Morning? They don't go on sale to the public until Saturday but we will give you presale tickets because you are an easy mark!" I started to say, "Yes" but then looked up the date of the show and realized that I will be going to OKC to see Sugarland and Little Big Town just two days before."

Somebody Slap Me!

So we go to the Sam Bush concert and as I said in the previous post, he was at the top of his game as a performer. The problem was that I was actually in concert over load. After seeing almost 30 world class performers just a few days before, I was not at the top of my game as a attendee. In the middle of the concert I was mentally reviewing my notes on the class that I will teach Sunday at church. A little later I was envisioning a walk along the sidewalks of downtown Fort Gibson, a project that I am currently involved. I walked all eight blocks and saw exactly what I needed to do. On both I came up with some decent ideas while some world class "Background " music played on.

Somebody Slap Me!

I realize that I have occasion gone to movies and concerts that I shouldn't. I am trying to make better judgements. Last night was not one of those. As good as it was I should not have gone. The other bad decision this year was "Aerosmith/ZZ Top". The movies that I shouldn't have seen are numerous and probably includes the one we will see tonight.

On a better note, I am glad I have the Bible on my IPhone. Last night I found the texts that I was looking for while I was riding back home.


No comments: