Thursday, March 5, 2009

The trouble with Skittles


About 1989 we lived in Bixby, Oklahoma. Our son, Nate, was in the seventh grade. One evening I am setting in my favorite chair reading the paper and Carol tells Nate to take me a Sudafed. (Allergy problems) He comes to me and offers me this large green pill and says, "I brought you a Skittles." Without giving it a thought, I bite down and start chewing! When I screamed from the intense bitter taste, Nate left the house in a hurry. It took a long, long time to get that taste to leave. Nate (now older and less fearful) likes to remind me of that tale.


On the recent trip to Vegas I bought an actual bag of Skittles (by the way Sour Skittles are my fav.) to take to the races. I had part of the bag when we returned and set it on the console of my truck. After turns and starts and stops, I looked down and saw that the contents had spread out over the bottom of the tray and as I drove to Morris today, I would reach down by feel and grab a couple of the candies. On the way back, I once again reached down for 2 or three, and among them to my shock was another bitter, bitter pill! I stopped the truck and examined the console and found 4 more small red pills among the skittles. Carol has spilled some meds the other day and failed to get them all picked up. Yuk!


Skittles and pills don't mix well.

No comments: