Thursday, March 12, 2009

State of Things 4


Have you seen the commercials that they are showing on TV in the Sooner State. It shows school kids telling how the proceeds from the lottery, etc. is benefiting state education. It is a neat story. However, I was talking to a member of the state school board association yesterday and he told me that the great Oklahoma legislature routinely reduces the education appropriation by the amount of these gambling proceeds! Huh! We were told that this new money would help fix our education funding! If I am wrong someone correct me.


Now here is the next crazy thing. Public educators are already hearing that the Oklahoma's part of the education STIMULUS, will also be deducted from the appropriations! No wonder we can not get ahead!


I am hoping this is wrong!

No comments: