Saturday, October 25, 2008

mike goes to church2

Part of this will be read to the church on Sunday:

To the Church:

After much prayer and thought I have decided to step down as an elder for the Muskogee Church of Christ. A variety of factors has led to this, including my work schedule, time with family and the present state of Muskogee Church of Christ. Being an elder for the church has been a blessing to me and has prompted me to expand spiritually as I have tried to be a help to the church family in this role. I enjoy working with the current staff and ministers. While I can easily be replaced by many here, I believe the current Shepherds are great men who love this church and are a continual blessing to all. They are men worthy of respect.

I bring up the word respect because it is something that is being trampled in society and in the church. It is this lack of regard for one another that bothers me the most. It seems that fellowship is extended when our own agendas are met and not necessarily the Lord's. It is my hope that as the church moves forward that mutual respect and the love that binds us be re-examined by all.

I will continue to work with the leaders of this church as needed and strongly believe in the new programs being undertaken and those who have agreed to lead. Carol and I are not going anywhere and will continue to love and support what the Lord has begun in this place.

I stand on the passage in Joshua 2:5 "Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the LORD will do amazing things among you."

In Love,

Mike Martin

(I believe the bold part will not be read, so that people won't be confused!)

No comments: