Thursday, March 6, 2014

Divergent



I read all the Harry Potter books before the movies.  I read the "Mockingjay" trilogy before the movies.  I DID NOT read "Ender's Game" trilogy before that first movie.  When I heard about the book, "Divergent" coming out as a movie, I raced to get ahead of this trilogy.  I am about finished with the book and eagerly wait the movie.

What is "Divergent"? you ask.  Well, take a bit of Harry Potter, add in some Ender's game, take a bit of "Mockingjay", and mix together in the Chicago of the future.  No, it is not a rip-off of the other stories but there are familiar ideas.   It is about the division of society into 5 different factions, the selection process where each 16 year old chooses their future, training and the other story.


Great Read. Like Harry Potter and Ender's Game the books were aimed at youth, but quickly discovered by adults.

I recommend.

No comments: