Saturday, June 9, 2012

Prometheus, revisiting the scene of the.....

While at the CMA festival, we needed a quite, cool place to recoup after the 5 hour concert the night before.  It is quite in "space" so we went to see "Prometheus" at Opry Mills.  Years ago when "Alien" came out, we were vacationing in Dallas and saw it in the afternoon, for which I was ever thankful. That movie was the single scariest movie that I ever saw and the first of its kind.

Ridley Scott revisits the site in space where "Alien" took place.  YES, no matter what the critics say, this is a prequel to the first. BUT, since we know about the first story, it is not as scary, but it is tense.  I just hate it when aliens crawl inside of me (speaking of the Mexican Food I ate at Chuys just before the movie).  It is a good movie that continues to ask the timeless question: Where did we come from?  Amazingly only one person in the movie believes in GOD, and she is continually chided for it and for wearing a cross.  But the outcome is on her side.

Fun summer movie.  I give it ***stars.

2012 Movie #19

No comments: