Monday, June 25, 2012

mike turns pro

Here's the thing. I have been a college sports fan since the 1960's when I started at Oklahoma State University.  AND I always will be a college fan.  BUT my mind is shifting quite a bit in basketball.
OSU started the year with a great class of athletes. Before the season started two got arrested, three transferred and when the season started two got hurt.  This is the  rule now. Because every kid in high school now thinks he is ready for the pros, he comes to college expecting to be there one year. There is NO loyalty to school or team. 
Watching the OKC Thunder this year, I saw a committed team, working together and enjoying the fans. I know that in the pros nothing stays the same either. BUT THEY DON'T QUIT DURING THE SEASON!
I CAN SEE BIG PROBLEMS COMING FOR OUR LOCAL COLLEGE TEAMS.

In football I have been a casual Dallas Cowboys fan because it has a couple of ex-OSU players. Next year I will be a bigger pro fan because MORE OSU players are in places like Cleveland, Jacksonville, San Francisco and Dallas.  Yes, I will still be a bigger college football fan than pro, but the gap is closing.

ALSO

The thunder pays a longer season this year spanning football, basketball, and baseball. SO, there is that!

No comments: