Sunday, June 10, 2012

Most Exotic Movie

I have been looking forward to this film since I saw the preview months ago. It was even better than I expected. While it is an assembly of many of the best British actors, and a most exotic setting in India, the story was extremely real.  This is a PG50 movie and any under that age will not get it.  It is about people facing the next chapter their lives after retirement, being forced out, widowed, etc. who find themselves at a dilapidated retirement hotel in India that is managed by slum dog millionaire.  It is funny, sad and close to home.  It challenged me to stay in the story and not drift into mine.  It had some great quotes like "Everything will be all right at the end, and this is not the end." and "They believe that life is a privilege and not a right." But more than that the story challenges us to live the intentional life worth living.
Everything about this movie is great. I give this ****stars.
2012 Movie #20.

No comments: