Saturday, March 31, 2012

Hunger Games- the movie



I did not read the book before I went (I have ordered the 2nd) but I went anyway. I went Tuesday night in OKC and I went again Friday Night. It was still great.

I love anti-hero stories. When I realized the premise of the story, I went: "This seems harsh to take 12-18 year olds for such a thing!" Then I think of the African countries on the six o'clock news that take 12 year olds into their armies and require their first act to be killing their parents. This movie isn't a stretch at all. It mixes American Idol and Government control.

The movie is well acted, well photographed, well everything. While the book was aimed at youth, the story is universal. I liked every frame of the almost 2-1/2 hour run.

It (like the books) will be a classic.

I give it *****stars.

2012 Movies #10 & 11

BTW: The last two movies that I have watched has Woody Harrelson in the cast. Each time his is a TOTALLY different person. He has come along way since Cheers!

No comments: