Saturday, March 31, 2012

mike seeks to be relevant!


Lately, as I go to meetings and interviews, I notice more and more that my clients and fellow board members now carry IPads with them to take notes (and show off). Well, the showing off part was my view. I kept saying to my self that a pen and paper work very well for me. I was impressed with the tablets but resisted. In my idol moments though, I considered the business side of things. As I my the buildings we design, the idea of having all the photos on a clear concise platform would be GREAT. But I still resisted. After all a new version comes out every 6 months!

Then I heard a story about how the coming business leaders are tech savvy & dependent and then the story said, "Mike, as old as you are, you need to do the same or you will become irrelevant!"

Yikes. I want to be relevant.

I now have an IPad! I hope to once again find my place at the table as soon as I figure it out!

Side note: As soon as I bought it realized that I had been hoodwinked. Once you have an IPad which is an big IPhone without the phone, you go: "Why do I have an IPhone? I really don't need both? I need a simple phone and an IPad. Then I go that's not right either because my phone is 4G and my Pad is only WiFi!

Crap! Steve Jobs, you got me again!

No comments: