Friday, December 31, 2010

Mike's 12 Favorite Movies of 2010











The rules for this venture is that they are movies seen in 2010.

Some movies that will be up for awards have not reached Okie Land.

I looked back thru my reviews and only considered movies with 4 stars or better in a 5 star maximum.

There were twelve.

The King's Speech (*****)
True Grit (*****)
Social Network (*****)
Get Low (*****)
Inception (****1/2)
Black Swan (****)
Winter Bone (****)
City Island (****)
Scott Pilgrim vs The World (****)
The Fighter (****)
Despicable Me (****)
Easy A (****)

Last year I went to 87 movies. This Year I went to 62! 25 less and dropping. I am getting a "little" more discerning. We only walked out of one movie (Jonan Hex), but only saw 2 movies twice (Dinner for Schmucks and True Grit). My worst movie of 2010 was "Brooklyn's Finest" *star.

There are two movies that I have not yet seen that I wished I had: "The Kids Are Alright" (on dvd) and "127 Hours".

There are several popular movies that I missed gladly ("Little Fockers", etc.)

My runner up movies (***1/2) are:

Dinner For Schmucks
Ghost Writer
How to Train Your Dragon
Book of Eli
Edge of Darkness
Robin Hood


No comments: