Thursday, November 4, 2010

My worlds collide


Tonight was the Induction Concert of the Oklahoma Music Hall of Fame. As a founding board member it is a great rush each year. Tonight, though, was cool. We inducted broadway singer and showman deluxe, Sam Harris from Cushing and Sand Springs. This guy can sing anything and sing it great!

It was special for another reason though because his dad, Bill, was my seventh grade music teacher in Haskell. He was fresh out of college and was our town's new band director. You could say that he had an impact on my love of music. In a Small, Small way you could say that I had something to do with Sam's induction. After the concert I found his dad, Bill Harris and mentioned the connection.

He said to me, "I tell you something that you didn't know. Sam was born in Cushing, but he was conceived in Haskell!"

I say again: Sam Harris is GO-O-O-D! Probably because of the Haskell thing!

No comments: