Monday, October 11, 2010

Secretariat, a movie YOU need!



Any Movie that starts by quoting the "Book of Job", gets my attention. at the beginning of "Secretariat" Diane Lane who plays the horse's owner reads Job 39: 19-25 and sets the stage for a great story. The story is about the last horse that won the Triple Crown. Right? Sort of. It is actually the story of the family who raised the horse and the lady who defied all to follow her instincts and heart. It is an uplifting story at a time that I need one. I suspect you do too.

I remember watching these races in the early 70's, but never knew the back stories. Diane Lane and John Malkovich are great as the owner and trainer. the horse is pretty good too.

Even the theme song during the credits "It's Who you are" is good. A they use the gospel song "O Happy Day" as well.

I really liked this movie and it was a great way to start the week and it possibly a great way to finish the week.

I give it ***1/2 stars.

2010 Movie # 44

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good day Guys

Are there any Blu-Ray/dvd

combination players?
I understand you can get dvd/vcr players. Are there any players which will play both of those dvds and blu-rays that I can shop for instead of paying for a pair of individual players?

Regards !