Friday, October 29, 2010

Can I have another shot?

I worked at a football game tonight. Our firm is working for a school district to pass a bond vote for a new high school. We had our drawings set up and a Monitor showing slides and animations of the proposed design. My job was to answer any questions that people had. Next to our spot, the hospital was giving free Flu shots. I was their first customer.

Just before the game started a guy comes up to me wearing a band uniform top, a flat brimmed hat, and had a miniature battery powered piano type instrument on a cord around his neck. He comes up to me a said, "Where is the coach I have some plays for him. My uncle came up with the plays. Have you heard of the quarterback shuffle?" I am looking at him bewildered. He says, "Have you talked to my uncle?" I say no and he proceeds to tell me his plays. I am not certain what illness that I am dealing with so I just listened until he left.

At halftime the home team is passing by to the locker and he hollers at the running back, "Good job, but I have some plays for you."

Music Man moves away only to return and get a flu shot. As soon as they were finished, he asked if he can have another shot.

It was one of those nights.

No comments: