Monday, October 11, 2010

Paul Thorn Concert 2



Saturday Night we went to see Paul Thorn Band in concert. It was a small venue in Fort Smith that seats about 200. It was perfect! The sound was good and we set about six rows from the stage.

I'm going to keep talking about Paul Thorn until every one checks him out. He became my favorite singer/songwriter by being the most sincerely real person that I think I have ever witnessed in public. He grew up in Tupelo, Mississippi and remains there. His dad is a Church of God of Prophecy Minister and he brings that element into his songs. He sings of his(and my) failures, and he sings of in life is important to him (and me). He tells funny stories, sad stories, and stories of Southern, rural life. He is small town, but not REDNECK. He is very intelligent, very expressive, extremely creative and very sensitive.

He is more R&B than country. He has toured with Delbert McClinton and Bonnie Raitt. If you like their music, you like Paul. Two nights before our concert, he opened for B.B. King. He writes his own songs and when he does a acoustic guitar solo, you start seeing the folk singer as well.

The three piece band that travels with him is as good as their is. They can rock! The show is comedy (He talks a lot in his southern drawl and tells the stories of his music), their is gospel because of his background, and their is R&B rock.

I say all this because he is coming to Tulsa, Wednesday, November 17 at the Cain's. I have my tickets and you need yours! I know some of you are thinking: "I have Church that night."

I wouldn't normally say this, but consider this a little different praise service.

Go to YOUTUBE and watch his videos.

No comments: