Thursday, October 14, 2010

Blogs are Us

As if I don't have enough to do, I have started a second blog. It is more of an archive in a way.
In the early 1990's I wrote a weekly article in my home town news paper about growing up in the 1950-60's era. I was fun and people seemed to like it, but I also had to get the stories approved by the publisher. He rejected 3 of my stories because of racial issues and such and so I stopped. The title of this blog is the same as the newspaper article, "Haskell Stories" at haskellstories.blogspot.com . I will reissue some of the stories that I wrote back then and add some new ones. A few people had asked me to compile them into a book, but this will have to do.

If you like thinking about simpler times or want to know where my weird ideas were rooted, this is the place. I hope to post a new story every few days.

"When you die, if you go somewhere where they ask you a bunch of questions about your life and what you learned and all, I think a good way to get out of it is just to say, "No speaka English."
Jack Handey Deep Thoughts

No comments: