Friday, June 18, 2010

When You're Hexed you need the A team




Time for a movie fix. I know that the best new movie out today is "Toy Story 3", but I have a rule against seeing two 3-D animated movies back to back. (A New Rule). We decided to take a chance on the new western starring Josh Brolin, "Jonah Hex". A western on a hot summer day just sounded right. We made it for at least 10 minutes before hitting the exit. The hero rides his horse into town and is surrounded by bad guys. They start shooting and as if by magic Mr. Hex pulls out two Gatlin Guns from each side of the horse and kills everything in sight. These guns sort of popped out of the horse and were almost as big than the animal. When the fight ended, they just went back to hiding. Now if this was Bugs Bunny or the Road Runner, its ok. But not like this.

With popcorn in hand, we headed down to hall to the only movie that had not started, "The A Team". I had not planned to see this. I liked the TV version 30 years ago, but this new version seemed too stupid in the previews. Tonight, Stupid was good. There was good comedy and a light hearted spy story that is no more far fetched than any James Bond and Super Hero flick.
It was good escapist fun, but I don't expect academy awards.

Good for popcorn. I can't rate Mr. Hex but I give "A Team" **stars.

2010 movie #23

I just love it when a plan comes together!

No comments: