Sunday, June 20, 2010

Pimps and Preachers



That got your attention!

"Pimps and Preachers" is the new CD by Paul Thorn (one of my favorite singers). The CD comes out Tuesday, but Carol ordered my copy as a birthday gift through a pre-sale. The Songs include:
the title track (about his dad and uncle); Tequila is good for the heart; Better Days ahead; I Hope I am doing this Right; I don't like half the people I love; and more.

One of my Favorites is "You might be Wrong"
Muslims, Christians, Buddhist and Jews
got their own version of the truth.
There's a line in the sand, There's a war goin on
They forgot to remember, You might be wrong!

Carry your faith everywhere you go,
Mix it with Love and let it show
but keep your mind open as you move along
and always remember, I might be wrong.

Chorus:

Why do you argue? Why do you fight?
Everybody thinks God is on their side.
Count to ten before you throw a stone
Whatever you believe, you might be wrong.


3
Don't cut me off. Don't say that we're through
Just because I don't agree with you.
You see flowers grow where seeds of love are sewn,
You could be right, you might be wrong.

4

What's on the other side of life?
I won't know until the day I die.
If you feel INSECURE, you are not alone
Everybody knows, you might be wrong.


Paul is the son of a Pentecostal Preacher. You might not agree with his theology, but he always has food for thought about how we treat each other. You could be right, but you might be wrong!


Trust me great CD!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site mikesslowroad.blogspot.com
Is this possible?