Thursday, June 3, 2010

Sequels R US


I noticed that we have seen 13 less movies in the first five months when compared to last year. I know that most people don't see 2 movies a year, so our 20 is a few. I first thought that we had just changed our focus until I realized the reason. Remember the Hollywood Writer's strike in 2008 by the Writer's Guild? This work stop has caused 50 less movies in 2010. This is why there are so many sequels and old TV shows made into movies. Think about it. How hard is it to write "A Team" or "Sex in the City" or "Marmaduke", etc.

Come to think of it isn't Lady GaGa the sequel to Madonna?

In country music everyone has to an "I'm Country from Hick Town and drive a tractor with my date to get drunk" song. They are sequels of bad redneck thinking.

How many TV dance contest shows will there be this year? AND They will all be followed by shows about people who talk to the dead and see visions of past lives to solve murders.

Come to think of it many of the buildings that are currently being built are bad sequels too!
But our designers haven't gone on strike. Yet! Hope never!


No comments: