Wednesday, June 16, 2010

DeMille's Lion



When you use the words DeMille and Lion in the same thought, we movie fans think of Cecil B. DeMille and the MGM Lion. The Book fan in me thinks of Nelson DeMille and "The Lion". This is his sequel to his best selling book, "Lion's Game" that was published a few years ago. This Mr. DeMille is one of my favorite fiction writers. If you want escapism where you can learn a thing or two, look no further. " The Lion's Game" is a fictional story of a Libyan terrorist called the Lion who comes to America for revenge of a 1986 US bombing of Libya. The book is so well written and captured me by the throat and took me deep within the world of counter-terrorism in a way that would make Jack Bauer look tame.

The new book, "The Lion" is a sequel that picks up 3 years after the first book. Since I listen to books while a drive, I will need plenty of trips. I am half way into this new read and I am loving every bit.

All his books are good. "Up Country" about a Vietnam Vet who goes back to Nam years later remains my favorite, but the Lion books are close.

No comments: