Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Practice what you preach!

Tuesday, I was a speaker at the Chamber of Commerce Expo. My topic was "Fads, Trends and Principles". A portion of the talk was aimed at the fact that sometimes we are so dependent on the technology that we forget to give the proper attention to those to be served. Sound idea.

I had a neat Power Point that Michelle of the SDA staff had created and thirty minutes before the talk the Expo I.T. guy helped us hook up the video feed. Nothing happened. The screen was blank. We tried 3 different projectors. Time was ticking away. It took one of the staff to bring in our equipment in at the last moment to rescue the talk.

I was standing there "freaking out" on the inside thinking: "I'm not going to be able to give this talk because I am so dependent on the technology that I have nothing else to offer!"

That is Irony. And Scary!

No comments: