Wednesday, May 12, 2010

mike thinks about hand guns




My fair state of Oklahoma is considering a new law called "open carry". It allows people to carry their fire arms openly and not concealed. It is a step to get us back to our roots. There is no crime when everybody has a gun and it fits the Constitution because we can all see who is "bearing arms" and who does not support and defend the Constitution.

My only problem with this idea is that I have seen too many movies. When the robbers go into the bank, the guard gets it first because he has a gun. Back to our roots: A guy goes into a bar (sounds like a joke) and aims to be the roughest, toughest guy there and challenges the gunslinger. As my current favorite saying goes: "Nothing makes mistakes faster than a computer with the possible exception of hand guns and tequila."

If a gang banger (in the movies) wants a gun, why not get YOURS. He doesn't need to break in to you house or anything. He just needs to shoot you first!

I can see all kinds of logic in the proposed bill. The problem is that people that you and I will protect ourselves from are NOT logical.

I look at most of the crimes that are in the news and think, "If everyone in this story was carrying a loaded handgun, would it have turned out better?"

I don't know.

I do know that I will watch for people with guns and not go to places that allow them. But then what if the pizza guy is packing?

No comments: